Privacy Protection Pledge
THE NASH AND COMPANY PRIVACY PROTECTION PLEDGE
At Nash and Company, we respect your privacy. That is why we have developed The Nash and Company Privacy Code of which the objective is to specify Nash and Company’s guidelines for the collection, use and disclosure of your personal information.
The Nash and Company Privacy Code was developed to comply with the relevant portions of the Personal Information Protection and Electronic Documents Act (Canada). We have drafted The Nash and Company Privacy Code to facilitate our compliance with this new legislation and to demonstrate our commitment to protecting your personal information.
We have also developed The Nash and Company Privacy Protection Pledge. We want you to understand the purposes for which we collect personal information. We also want to make certain that we have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for those purposes.
The following is a brief synopsis of our privacy practices:
Why do we need to collect your personal information?
If you are a Nash and Company Client, Nash and Company may have collected some basic information about you. We respect your privacy, which is why we collect personal information only for the following purposes:
- Preparation of personal tax return
- Preparation of personal financial plan
- Provision of income tax advice and planning
- Provision of estate planning advice
- Distribution of newsletters
- Marketing of other professional services offered by Nash and Company
- To enable us to contact you
- To establish and maintain communication with you
- To invoice you for services provided
When do we disclose personal information?
There are a variety of circumstances where we may need to disclose some personal information about our Clients. Here are some examples:
- Canada Customs and Revenue Agency
- Respective provincial tax authorities
- Personal bank manager
- Legal counsel
- Insurance agent
- Other professional’s or third party processors as required by the nature of the engagement
- Other third parties as required by a process of law or professional requirements
- Spouses or other authorized persons
- Potential purchasers
- Third party backup agent
How do we protect your personal information?
In order to protect your personal information, Nash and Company:
- will not collect, use or disclose your personal information for any purpose other than those identified above, except with your further consent;
- will protect your personal information with appropriate security safeguards;
- will protect the confidentiality of your personal information when dealing with other organizations;
- will strive to keep your personal information as accurate and up to date as is necessary for the purposes identified above; and
- will honour any request you may make for access to your personal information.
What are your choices?
We would like to have your consent to continue to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above. However, you do have choices and can refuse or withdraw your consent as follows:
- You may refuse to provide your personal information to us.
- You may also withdraw your consent at any time, subject to legal or contractual restrictions and reasonable notice.
However, in either case, this may limit our ability to serve you.
If you have any questions or concerns about our personal information management system, please contact the Nash and Company Privacy Officer at (780)849-3977 or via firstname.lastname@example.org. Otherwise, we will assume that we have your consent to collect, use and disclose your personal information for the purposes identified above and in a manner consistent with The Nash and Company Privacy Code.
Please visit the Office of the Privacy Commissioner of Canada’s web site at www.privcom.gc.ca.